Harry Styles sells out 15 consecutive nights at Madison Square Garden

Harry Styles looking up at his newly hung banner in Madison Square Garden, Photo Courtesy of Lloyd Wakefield/MSG Entertainment

Lucinda Lietz, Features Editor

Harry Styles fans took over New York City for the months of August and September. Throughout the city, boa feathers floated in the air amongst ecstatic teenage girls dressed in their most style-ish outfits. NYC was Styles’ first destination for the residency leg of his tour, Love On Tour. 300,000 fans saw him perform over the course of 15 sold out shows at Madison Square Garden.  

“Selling out 15 consecutive nights at Madison Square Garden is a massive accomplishment and reinforces Harry Styles as one of the most impactful artists of his generation. It is a testament to Harry and his fans,” said Jim Dolan, executive chairman and CEO of MSG Entertainment. 

Being the first solo artist to sell out 15 consecutive nights, MSG awarded Harry with a monumental banner that will hang in the arena forever. 

MSG awarded Harry with a monumental banner that will hang in the arena forever to recognize his accomplishment of being the first solo artist to sell out 15 consecutive nights. 

“A banner celebrating this remarkable achievement will hang from the rafters alongside some of the most legendary artists and athletes in history,” Dolan said. 

Styles’ history at MSG goes all the way back to 2012, when Harry performed with One Direction for the first time, making this moment even more special for him. 

Styles came to PNC Arena in Raleigh in October of 2021 during his first leg of Love On Tour. Many Broughton students attended the show and have cherished memories from that night.   

“Although I saw him in Raleigh, it was much better at MSG. The energy of the crowd was so much better because of the fact that it was all of his biggest fans who came to see him. There was never a moment where anyone in the arena didn’t know the lyrics, and everyone was having so much fun,”said Broughton student Ava Grimes, who attended Styles’ show on Aug. 27 at MSG.

Styles’ fans bring a welcoming and energetic community to his shows. Harry always makes sure to express an outpouring of gratitude towards his fans.  

“Any time that you come to Madison Square Garden and you see that [banner], remember it’s because of you. That is ours,” says Styles at his last show at MSG, when he was awarded the banner.