The student news site of Broughton High School in Raleigh, North Carolina

The Hi-Times

The Hi-Times

The Hi-Times

Photo courtesy of https://nc211.org/voting/
Why You Should Vote
March 19, 2024
Golden Gate Bridge safety net
Photo Courtesy of East Idaho News
Golden Gate Bridge Net
March 19, 2024

Amber Heard Appearing in Aquaman 2

Amber heard Reaturn as the DC comic character Mera but in her return to the movie, she said her actions were¨taken away¨ as a result. That didn’t bring down her happiness about returning, she wrote on Instagram ¨thank you to all of fans fan for the overwhelming support and love Merareturn.¨ Amber Heard said. 

The movie Aquaman: and the Lost Kingdom came out in theaters on December 22, 2023, but before that, an overwhelming number of fans were curious if she would be playing the role of Mera or if she would be replaced by the actress Emilia Clarke who played Daenerys Targaryen in Game Of Thrones. If you didn’t know Amber is a controversial actress, which is not for her acting skills or any previous roles she played, but mainly due to her trial with her ex-husband Johnny Depp that gained attention all over social media and reached many headlines. In the trailer that came out November 20, 2023,  the comic character Mera is barely shown in the movie, it was said that  Amber Heard would only have 20 minutes in the movie, she would briefly be shown in a few fighting scenes and some established shots to where the character could barely be seen, the main question that fan was curious about from Warner Brothers was why´´.

After the movie where the DC comic character Mera (Amber Heard) first appeared in Aquaman, during the movie she was in court against her ex-husband Johnny Depp on April 11, 2022. 

Some fans didn’t want Amber Heard to appear in Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom because of her trial with her ex-husband. When the trial became very popular all over social media, The DC fans were wondering how Warner Brothers would respond to ‘’various members of the DC films division stated that they were not going to take action’’ Screen Rant said. 

In the trailer, we saw that Mera’s scenes were short, which also reduced the chemistry between Ms. Heard and Mr. Momoa (Aquaman/Arthur Curry). Walter Hamada who is the President of DC Films announced that Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom was mainly focused on Arthur Curry and Arthur’s half-brother Orm. Another reason why Amber Heard’s character Mera had a short screen time was because of her injury to her hip while training for the annual New York City Marathon. 

While some of the DC movies were bad in my opinion it is said that James Gunn will be fixing up the Aquaman characters. This will lead James Gunn to re-cast Arthur, Mera, and Orm, basically the main characters in the movie.