The student news site of Broughton High School in Raleigh, North Carolina

The Hi-Times

The Hi-Times

The Hi-Times

Photo courtesy of https://nc211.org/voting/
Why You Should Vote
March 19, 2024
Golden Gate Bridge safety net
Photo Courtesy of East Idaho News
Golden Gate Bridge Net
March 19, 2024

New NC Fair Foods

In the heart of North Carolina, the annual North Carolina State Fair will roll into town once again, and with it comes an exciting array of fair foods. The State Fair returns Oct. 12-22, introducing 48 new foods for visitors to try.

One of these 48 new foods is the Hot Chicken Smash, a spicy sensation that combines crispy chicken with a fiery kick. The Dirty Mac and Hot Mac are ready for those craving comfort, offering creamy, cheesy macaroni dishes. And for those looking to pile on the flavors, Dirty Nachos piled high with toppings are a must-try.

However, the fair has more to offer than just mac and cheese. Another food truck will come into the scene, introducing Little Locas Empanadas and Arepa Loca. Their empanadas, fried to golden perfection, are stuffed with a Latin twist – a savory blend of rice, eggs, and spices, accompanied by tender chicken or beef. 

Baste Sauce & Baste Seasoning Blends add a zing to the fair’s menu with options like Spicy, Sweet, and tangy sauces and an array of seasoning blends. A Taste of Vegan from Blu Tee Spoon catered to those seeking plant-based delights. Their menu features a range of vegan offerings, from burgers and fried chicken sandwiches to peach cobbler and hibiscus lemonade.

Boozie Cupcakes & Flavor Shooters provide sweet indulgence with their wine-infused cupcakes and flavor-packed shooters. And, if you thought bacon couldn’t get any more interesting, think again. Bubbas Bacon will wow fairgoers with their Bacon Mac & Cheese Sundae.

From the deep-fried Gimbap on a stick at Bulkogi Korean BBQ to the unique Candied Grapes at Douglas Farms, fair attendees will embark on a culinary adventure like no other. Ethio Indi Alkaline & Vegan Cuisine presented Efo Riro & Fufu, a taste of African cuisine, while Ezzell’s Somethin’ Good created a Bacon-Wrapped Candied Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Sandwich.

As the nights come, the fair’s food continues with offerings like Magdalena’s Chimney Cakes filled with Nutella and ice cream and Miss Debbie’s Specialty Apples’ Butter Beer Caramel Apple. These 48 new foods are a reminder that when it comes to crazy fair foods, North Carolina never disappoints.

About the Contributor
Avery Campbell
Avery Campbell, Reporter