Favorite fast food places

The bell rings and students rush out of their last class, keys in hand and starving. Where do they head? A lot of Broughton students enjoy eating at the many fast food places that Raleigh has to offer.

A popular choice for students is Chick-Fil-A, conveniently less than a minute away from the school, especially if you drive down the strip.

“I like Chick-Fil-A because their waffle fries are incredible. They go great with ketchup. The only thing that bothers me is that the people there are over friendly. But you can’t go wrong with a Chick-Fil-A sandwich, you know what I mean?” sophomore Tays Troutman said.

“Chick-Fil-A is, without a doubt, one of my favorite fast food places. I go there about once a week. Their fries are one of the main reasons I go there; you can actually taste the potato. And their service is great. Their positive attitude really keeps me wanting to come back,” junior Hagar Jaroush said.

Students are always more than willing to drive out to Bojangles for their Cajun fried chicken and fries, and of course their sweet Bo-Berry biscuits.

“Bojangles is one of my favorite fast food places and I go there about once a week. My favorite thing about Bojangles is their fries because they were very seasoned and taste really good. Also, there are a variety of biscuits you can choose from,” junior Daja Williams said.

Cook-Out, loved for their char-grilled burgers and creamy milkshakes, is another good choice.

“Cook-Out is good and cheap. You can get chicken tenders or a burger, two sides, and a drink all for $5. And I love that they’re open at odd hours,” freshman Teda Woodard said.

An old favorite, McDonald’s has always offered cheap menu items that students can appreciate.

“I like McDonalds because I had a friend named Donald and the biscuits are also good. The chicken seems kind of fake but it tastes okay. I go there once a month,” sophomore Jada Smith said.

“McDonalds is cheap, delicious, and I go there pretty much every day for lunch. Moderation is key,” junior Darcy McMillan said.

While the stress and tiredness of a school day is inevitable, there is one thing that will always be a staple: cheap, good fast food.