The death of Queen Elizabeth

Image courtesy of Getty Images

Ben Brewer, Reporter

On Sept. 8, 2022, the royal family was greatly changed by the passing of Queen Elizabeth.. With this death, the United Kingdom is devastated, as well as the whole world.

The CNTraveler said, “Schools will shut down, and businesses are likely to give their employees the day off.” According to a CNTraveler article, schools and businesses will be closed for the day of her funeral. The stock exchange in the UK will shut down, and there will be a nation-wide 2 minutes of silence. Sept. 19, the day of the Queen’s funeral, will be a national holiday in the UK. All sporting events in the UK the day following her death were canceled. 

Queen Elizabeth was a prominent figure in the UK for 70 years. The Queen was born on April 21,1926. She was crowned as Queen on June 2, 1953 in Westminster Abbey. She took the name of the  longest ruling monarch in the history of the UK in June, 2022. She was crowned on June 2, 1953 in Westminster Abbey.The Queen traveled more than any other world leader, she traveled to 117 countries, and 56 commonwealth states. Elizabeth married Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh on November 20, 1947 in Westminster Abbey. She was the mother of Prince Charles, who now takes place as King of the UK. She is grandmother to Prince William and Prince Harry. 

Throughout her life, she had adored dogs. According to Biography.com, she has had about 30 corgis throughout her life. She also loved horses and liked going to horse races. She loved reading, crosswords, and watching TV. She really loved to watch wrestling, according to Biography.com. 

“I miss her. I think she was a charm to London.” This is the opinion from a sophomore at Broughton Ward Crumpler.