The student news site of Broughton High School in Raleigh, North Carolina

The Hi-Times

The Hi-Times

The Hi-Times

Photo courtesy of https://nc211.org/voting/
Why You Should Vote
March 19, 2024
Golden Gate Bridge safety net
Photo Courtesy of East Idaho News
Golden Gate Bridge Net
March 19, 2024

Trump Trouble

On August 25, 2023, Donald Trump’s mugshot was taken after his fourth criminal indictment.  He is the first president to ever receive one according to The New York Times. Some people say a picture is worth a thousand words but in 24 hours Donald Trump’s became worth over $4 million and after the weekend was crossing 7. The Trump campaign has a new slogan for the merchandise line ‘Never Surrender’. The #TrumpMugshot was so popular on X that it even inspired a return of Donald Trump to the app which he had previously said would not happen.  

In more recent news Trump has been found liable for fraud in New York. He was accused of lying to lenders and insurers about the value of their properties to secure more favorable terms. Cases similar to Trump’s have resulted in multimillion-dollar payouts. The court case starts October 2nd.

After the first three days of the trial by choice, not a lot of good has happened for Trump. He has been told to stop calling the court workers out on Twitter, to not try to make any new friends that could favor him, and he has been getting destroyed by everyone who takes the stand. However, Trump is not budging from his stance on the “single greatest witch hunt of all time”. Trump is reportedly eager to defend his company. If Trump loses this case he may be fined for over $250 million and be banned from doing business in New York for multiple years. Trump will most likely be in the courthouse again when the trial resumes.