Barnes & Noble comes to the Village District

Photo courtesy of Catherine Wiles

On September 1st, Barnes & Noble had its grand opening in the Village District. This new location, situated between the LaMantia Art Gallery and Tin Roof Teas, is the first new Barnes & Noble to come to Raleigh in 18 years. The shop features a variety of books, including graphic novels, classical literature, and everything in between. 

However, books are not the only product available at the store. Barnes & Noble also features a section for high-quality stationery and notebooks alongside a number of games, puzzles, and toys for all ages. Music lovers will also be excited to find that Barnes & Noble features a collection of vinyl records, including exclusives like the soundtrack of hit musical In the Heights. Whether you need a book for English class or your own reading, a new notebook or a gift, Barnes & Noble offers an excellent selection. 

Keep an eye on Barnes & Noble’s website to check out guest appearances by authors like Chris Colfer, Anderson Cooper, and even Rick Riordan! Although these particular events have come and gone, more will be slated for the future. Interested readers will have plenty of opportunities to meet their favorite authors and discuss award-winning books through both virtual and in-person events hosted by Barnes & Noble. In fact, according to comments given by manager Jamie Curtis to NC State’s school newspaper, Technician, the store aims to host book signings nearly every other weekend.  

Already, students are beginning to take notice of the new location. Senior Max Ritterpusch described Barnes & Noble as “much needed,” adding that he feels the bookstore serves as a “great addition to the Village community.”