Webb Simpson still driving

Webb Simpson was just a normal Broughton student just 13 short years ago. Now, just a little over a decade later Simpson has turned himself into one of the best golfers in the world.
Simpson grew up in Raleigh, graduating in 2004 from Broughton. After high school, he went on to play collegiate golf at Wake Forest University where he had a successful career.
Simpson has always been known by many as a hard worker. He practiced day in and day out, working to get better. With this work ethic he was able to win many tournaments, and achieve the ranking as the #1 junior golfer in the world.
“Growing up I heard Webb was the hardest worker of anybody in the area. He would spend hours and hours grinding and critiquing his game”, senior Patrick Carlin said.
At Wake Forest, Simpson was named ACC Freshman of the year and was also a three-time All-American. Simpson had quite the run at Wake Forest.
“One of the reasons Simpson was so good in college was from his high school and junior golf tournaments giving him experience on how to play well in pressure situations,” s junior Biggs Hawley said.
After college Simpson made it to the PGA Tour where he had a solid first couple of years.
In 2011 he finally broke through and won his first tour tournament, the Wyndham Championship. Simpson has since had lots of success on tour, winning three more including the 2012 US Open. Simpson’s achievements have motivated many young golfers to be like him.
“Watching Webb win multiple times and hearing about his achievements have pushed me to same high standards he has for himself. He has also become a role model for me on and off the golf course,” junior Britt Stroud said.
Simpson presently lives in Charlotte, North Carolina.
He married Dowd Simpson and together they have four kids: James, Willow Grace and Mercy Dowd.