2016-2017 parking information

2016-2017 Broughton High School Parking Information Message 1 – April 4, 2016

The following information is for Broughton High School rising seniors and juniors, their parents, and their guardians:

A total of 150 parking spaces will be made available for student parking in the up-coming 2016 -2017 school year.  The cost to students is estimated to be about the same as last year, $170.  Rising seniors and juniors, who have completed 25 hours of community service for each completed year of attendance at Broughton High School, may sign up for entry into the parking lottery in the main office from May 2nd through May 25th.

Parking assignments will be made through random drawing with the priority of assignments being given to rising seniors. Results will be posted by the main doors to the main office on May 31st . Any parking spaces not assigned, will be reserved for further distribution during the first week of school next year. All available student spaces will be in the parking lot(s) fronting Peace Street.

Through the mail this summer, those students selected in the spring lottery and assigned parking spots will receive a temporary parking tag /card that will be good for the first two weeks of the 2016 – 2017 school year. A map showing the location of their parking space will be printed on the back of the card.  Permanent parking tags go on sale in the school cafeteria starting on September 1st and students must purchase their permanent tags by September 9th in order to retain their assigned parking space.  Should spaces remain from the spring lottery, a final parking lottery will be held during the third week of September for any qualified seniors and juniors, who did not have the opportunity or failed to participate in the spring parking lottery.

Based upon our experience from last year, we feel it is likely that all parking spaces made available for the year will be claimed during the spring lottery. We project that there should be sufficient space for almost every qualified, requesting, rising seniors and juniors who applies during the spring lottery.

Contact Mr. Lentz at 919-856-7814 if you need additional information and good luck to all students during the remainder of the school year!