Community Service Opportunities

One of the many things that makes Broughton special is our 25 hour per year community service requirement. While this can be an easy goal for students who are already planning a mission trip or volunteer regularly, the requirement can be very stressful for those students who scrape up the 25 hours two at a time.

Either way, most students agree that it is much easier to simply finish your hours early in the school year. Here are some opportunities during September and October in which students can receive community service.

School supplies will be collected at the WELL for Stough’s first grade teachers from August 27-September 27. One hour of community service will be given for every three items donated.

Saturday, September 22, Hayes Barton Baptist will be hosting a consignment sale and they need help with setup and breakdown. Email [email protected] to sign up.

Assistance League of the Triangle needs volunteers to work in their thrift shop on Sunday afternoons. If you are interested, email [email protected] for more information.

Another opportunity that helps many athletes get hours in is the NC State football concession stand fundraiser. The Broughton Athletic department raises money by managing one of the snack bars during home football games. Fall and winter sports take turns running it, usually on Saturdays during football season. Contact your coach or Sally Jo Smith to find out if your team is running the stand in the upcoming months.

If you are still in need of community service hours, the Broughton website has a page under the “Students” tab called “Community Service Opportunities”. There, you will find an updated list up upcoming and ongoing events. You can also check how many hours you have already completed on the Broughton Community Service website, https://broughtoncommunityservice.weebly.com/.