Former President Bill Clinton comes to Caps’ campus

Broughton to host President Clinton in support of Kay Hagan tomorrow, October 31

Ryan Haar, Online Editor

This morning, Broughton was buzzing with the news of Bill Clinton’s imminent arrival on campus. Former president Bill Clinton is due to speak at the campaign rally for Senator Kay Hagan on Friday, October 31.

The event is to be held in Holliday Gym, with the doors opening at 2:45 p.m.

“We have been told that this event will not affect our school day,” vice principal, Mike Ludwick said.

“This event will begin Friday afternoon after school has been let out, but they will be preparing Holliday Gym for this event throughout the evening on Thursday and the day friday,” Principal Stephen Mares said.

Students and teachers have voiced concern over how they will be able to navigate the predicted amount of traffic congestion while leaving campus tomorrow afternoon.

“We will be having school as usal on Friday, but obviously Friday after school will get a little busy with community members coming to Holliday Gym to participate in this event,” Mares said.

“Clinton will be the main speaker, but there will be several others in support of Hagan,” Ludwick said.

The event is open to the public but only those with a ticket will be permitted. Tickets are available at the following locations from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Thursday :

3316 Capital Blvd Suites J and KCary Forward NC Office

915 Kildaire Farm Rd Suite 6Chapel Hill Forward NC Office

762 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.Durham Forward NC Office

119 Orange St. 3rd FloorWilson County Democratic Party Office

504 Raleigh Rd ParkwaySmithfield Forward NC Office

114 Ava Gardner Ave.

Hillary Clinton appeared at a campaign event on Saturday in Charlotte in support of Hagan.

Broughton is no stranger to the presence of presidents on campus. President Barack Obama spoke on campus in 2009, and Al Gore made his mark in 1999.